Policies are an instrument to set and guide the direction for the State. The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) has authority for statewide technology policy and standards.(ESSB 5931). Polices are adopted by the OCIO and approved by the Technology Services Board.
The OCIO has policies that define:
- how technology investments will be managed
- the security standards for the enterprise
- requirements around planning for disasters
- geospatial technology and GIS
- capabilities to encourage innovation
- and several others
In addition to policies, the OCIO also publishes standards in areas where we need to be more specific and guidelines where only general guidance is needed to help agencies.
If you have questions about these policies, please contact your OCIO Information Technology Consultant.